Monday, February 26, 2007

Why Is This Called What It Is?

My name is Alyssa and this is my very first try at a blog. I've been agonizing over the template, what colors to use, the fonts, and then there is the dreaded "profile". I spent two stressful hours filling in the little boxes with what I thought were rather catchy and intriguing phrases so everyone could see how really "unique" I am. Previously, I'd gone to my Picasa photo albums trying to find a decent picture of myself and after cropping, adding a glow, warming my face up, and a few other things I figured I looked pretty good. This would be a nice picture for my profile page. I followed the directions how to get a picture from here to there, went back to put it in and the page was blank! So there went about three hours - all for nothing. And to make matters worse, the code I'd copied for the picture just won't take so I've no personal info to grab you , nor do I have a picture yet. But I promise they will be coming. I'm calling this blog "My Examined Life" as rather a play on words. I very much like the quote of Socrates "The unexamined life is not worth living." But it seems a rather harsh pronouncement, quite black and white, and I'm not totally in agreement. Some unexamined lives can be worthwhile but the examined ones must be a lot richer and fuller. Like a lot of people as they grow older, I've begun to question and learn. I guess I want to cram as much of the interesting things (to me) into my head as I can within the years I've left. And could someone tell me how to have more space between these lines?? It looks like a jumbled mess!! Anyway, I will forge ahead. I'd like to write about the things I've always found fun and interesting and the new things I'm learning and enjoying. And share them with my readers (I hope I have some). And I'd like to hear your take on what I'm saying . So I'm going to quit procrastinating and hit the "publish" button and see what happens. And, yes, I'm going to figure out how to put some spaces between these paragraphs - it's driving me crazy already!! Bye for now, Alyssa P.S. Yes, that's me . I'll try to place it more professionally as soon as I figure out how.

1 comment:

Lizzie A said...

Alyssa,
You commented on my blog, and at first I thought it was my friend Alyssa from school. But when I clicked on the blue name from the comment it was not her at all. I would like to thank you for taking an intrest in my measly little boring blog. I don't write much on it, mostly because I don't know what to say. I see you don't have that problem. I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Lizzie~